Friday 19 October 2012

Halloween is a time for ghosts and glass Bats



Halloween is the time for witches, skeletons, ghosts and GlassBats. So as promised here is a picture of a bat I made. There are some more bats at the glassblobbery
I made this glass bat in the flame of a bench mounted burner. After being fired in the kiln it was coated with platinum, which was fired into the surface of the glass, to give it the silvery effect. It’s hanging using fishing wire.
Glas bat coated with platinum
 Here's another one from a different angle...
long tail glass bat

I did mention skeletons earlier.  What happened after a Vampire bit into the neck of a skeleton?
The vampire said “Thanks for nothing!”

However I thank you for visiting my blog. until next time when I shall post a Black Labrador then it's back to bats

No comments:

Post a Comment